Current Community Offerings
- Piano Program: offers private lessons at greatly reduced cost to low-income families, music enrichment and performance opportunities; ages 6 and up, follows CPS semester schedule, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-6 p.m. Contact Stephen Felton for more information.
- Agents of Change: This program is designed to introduce youth to varied types of creative expression and encourage their involvement in a positive action for their community. Ages 11 – 15, Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30pm during the school year and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10-2 p.m. June through July. Contact Jenn Arens for more information.
- Peaslee Kids Summer Camp: This summer camp program for ages 6-10 years olds offers holistic educational experience, including art and music enrichment, local field trips, one-on-one mentoring, community engagement activities, recreation and more. Runs Tuesdays through Fridays, 9:00am-4:00pm June through July.
- Writing Collaborative: In partnership with NKU’s English department, this program celebrates the power of community voice in showcases of creative writing and expression emerging from the Over-the-Rhine community. This program gives students and adults an opportunity to share their voice, be affirmed and grow in their writing. Contact Jenn Arens for more information.
- Girls’ Writing Circles: Our circles offer young girls the opportunity to express themselves, find and develop their voices, read poetry, and write creatively; they then share their work, and verbally affirm each other’s writing. For more information or if you are interested in bringing this activity with Peaslee’s Community Education program to a school near you, please contact Joele Newman.
- Justice Seekers Writing Circle: This women’s writing group meets on Tuesdays in one-hour sessions. They meet for five weeks, four times a year–in spring, summer, fall and winter. Contact Bonnie Nuemeier for more information.
- Urban Teaching Cohort: We partner with Miami University’s Urban Teaching Cohort to connect pre-service teachers with community mentors who provide insight and guidance on the transition into teaching in urban schools. Contact Jenn Arens for more information.
- Urban Plunges: This unique experience combines education, community service and reflection into a full day of learning for participants. Ideal for a field trip, we place high school students at service placements throughout the neighborhood and facilitate learning and reflection components tailored to the needs of each group ages 14-18 (7th-12th grade). Contact Jenn Arens for more information.
- Agents of Change: This summer program is designed to introduce youth to varied types of creative expression and encourage their involvement in a positive action for their community. Ages 11 – 15, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10-2 p.m. June through July and on Fridays 3:30-5:30pm during the school year. Contact Jenn Arens for more information.